Hi, my name is Sharon, and I'm a fabriholic.
The time has come for an intervention.
I have decided to join in with Jess over at The Eleventh Garden
and do my best not to buy any fabric in 2014. As you can see I have enough to play with already.
and what this photo does not show is my FQ Stash, the bundles hiding behind the pretties on bottom shelf
and the couple of Bolts (yes I have bolts) of fabric even lower! (this photo was also taken before all my "April Showers" Stash arrived and of course it does not show my tower of Bonnie and Camille Jelly Rolls.
I am going to give myself a little leeway though.
Any new Bonnie and Camille ranges will be an exception to the rule!
Also, I have a couple of quilts in the planning, more on those soon, so if I don't manage to purchase the fabrics for them before Jan 1st then they will also be an exception to the rule!
Here are some of my rules:-
- To use the Stash I already have!
- Finish "some" UFOs
- Stop the insanity of constantly buying the latest and greatest fabric.
- Save the $$ I spend on stashing. For me. For what I am not sure yet. A deposit for a nice new machine might be nice.
- Destash the fabrics that I realize I am never going to use.
FABRIC FAST RULES:
1) No "just because" fabric purchases for 6 months beginning .
2) At 6 months reevaluate status and decide whether to keep going for full year. Evaluation .
3) Create a UFO list and complete them! (done that HERE)
- Backing: purchasing a backing to finish a quilt top is permissible. However, attempting to use fabric in your possession for a backing is preferable.
- Books and Magazine purchases are allowed as they are not fabric. Notions acceptable too.
So basically if I have a pattern in hand and want to start
a new project then I will allow myself to buy fabric, after shopping my stash first! But I WILL NOT buy fabric "just because".
If you are like us and would like to commit to not buying fabric "just because" next year, we would love the moral support. Solidarity in numbers and all that. I do know one lady who needs this kind of intervention :o)
So, are you up for it?
Pop on over and see Jess.